Board member Description & Application
Parent Action Community Inc. Volunteer Board Members
REPORTS TO: Board President/Founder
Description: Parent Action Community (PAC) is a New York based nonprofit organization established by parents in 2005 whose mission is "to improve the well-being of youth, young parents (ages 13-24) and families in Amityville and surrounding communities through education and mentorship to achieve their educational goals and independence. "Through its educational and mentorship programming, Parent Action Community helps young parents become self-aware, education focused, and equipped for raising children and a successful future.
We are seeking successful professionals that want to use their passion, talents, and expertise to serve on the Parent Action Community board. Your background and expertise make you an ideal candidate to serve as a board member for our organization. PAC is actively seeking qualified individuals for its 2017-2018 leadership team.
Your contribution will be a valuable asset that will be appreciated by our students, parents, and the community. This is an invitation to get involved with a dynamic group of community leaders who are focused on supporting the success of our most at-risk youth and families.
We are seeking those with experience in business, strategic planning, law, fund raising, grant writing, marketing, education, human resources, event planning, project management, accounting, IT, graphic designs and public relations
Length of term: Directors are elected by the membership at the Annual general meeting. Directors serve for a two-year term. Directors may be re-elected for two additional terms.
Meetings and Time Commitment:
· The board of directors meets September through June on the second Thursday of the month, from 6pm to 8pm.
· Committees in the board meet an average of four times per year, pending their respective work agenda.
· Board members are asked to attend no less than two special events or meetings per year, as they are determined.
· Board members are required to donate a minimum of 10 hours per month (as necessary) to the agency. This includes meetings, events and workshops.
Expectations of board members:
· To establish the organization's mission, vision, and direction.
· To ensure the financial health of the organization.
· To ensure the organization has sufficient and appropriate human resources.
· Secure adequate funding.
· Maintain & update long-range strategic plan.
· Represent the organization to the public, private and business sectors.
· Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as well.
· Be aware and abstain from any conflict of interest.
· Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
· Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by PAC mission, objectives, and programs.
· Help communicate and promote PAC mission and programs to the community.
· Donate significant fiscal contribution to the agency, either through personal means, by hosting an event, or by soliciting contributions from other sources (i.e., friends, businesses, community organizations, foundations, corporations, banks, etc.)
If interested, please submit your resume to Elizanne Warren, Organizational Development Consultant via firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as your resume is reviewed by PAC board, you will receive a board membership application for further consideration. Thank you!
PAC’s website: www.parent2parenttalk.org